Top Products every NBR Girl Needs
• Oribe shampoo and conditioner
• Oribe Invisible defense • Detangler
• Oribe run through, balm D’or, supershine,
or featherbalm • hydrating oil
• Oribe gold lust nourishing hair oil
I will prescribe products for you based on your hair's specific needs. Using quality products and taking care of your extensions at home is key to prolonging the life of your extensions and keeping them looking great!
Post Shower Products
Spray a HEFTY amount of Detangler onto the hair extensions before using your WetBrush.
• Apply 3-5 pumps of Oil then brush with WetBrush again.
• When brushing wet hair, start from your ends and work your way up to the scalp. Hold the hair in one hand (pinched ponytail) and brush down.
• Be sure to brush up by the beads so there is no matting or tangling.
Always brush out extensions with a WetBrush before getting into the shower. Pay close attention to brushing the back of your head. Softly brush the top of the wefts where the beads are — This helps prevent deep tangles and matting. Brushing is the best way to make sure your extensions are in the best condition. While living a normal active lifestyle is completely okay and recommended while wearing extensions, it is very important to make sure your hair is always detangled. Brush at least twice per day.
• Make sure your hair is completely detangled before getting into the shower.
•if you wear more than one row, I suggest sectioning your hair into sanctions and wash starting at the bottom and working your way up to the top of your head.
• Use Oribe shampoo and conditioner- as extension hair requires a lot of moisture.
• Shampoo & Condition gently between the rows with your first two fingers shaped into a “V”, no need for vigorous scrubbing.
• It is IMPORTANT to remember that your hair may need more than one shampoo to remove the oil and pollution accumulated from not shampooing as often.
• Remember to place shampoo and conditioner all over your head — but especially directly onto the back of head by the beads. (Do not only place shampoo and conditioner on the top of the head and rub around. This is not an efficient cleanse.)
• Extension hair will take on a heavy gummy feel, if not cleansed properly
.• Be sure to RINSE thoroughly.
• Some extension wearers go 7 days between shampoos! It is completely a personal preference!
• But remember, every time you curl, you are adding heat to your hair. This may damage and dry the extension hair out.
• To prolong the quality of extension hair, we suggest air drying when possible.
• Part off extensions into 2-3 sections with clips. Start at the bottom of the nape and work up.
• Round brush or paddle brush the hair with a small amount of tension until the extension hair is VERY dry.
• If the extension hair is NOT completely dried it may look clumpy.
• Use the blow dryer nozzle attachment for more shine and control.
• Use your cool button to cool the hair down and increase shine if you would like.
• Use a heat protectant (Oribe invisible defense) • If curling your extensions, run the curling iron through the extension hair to smooth the hair once or twice before placing the curls. This will give your extensions a more polished look, close the cuticle, and prolong the extension hair.
The Half Wash
The HALF WASH and the BANG WASH - This is a pretty cool method to cleanse just the top horseshoe section of your head or just your fringe area. You could do this mid week to save time and wear and tear on your extensions. First, section out the top section of your hair, next braid or secure your extensions in a low bun to keep them away from water. Once you have your hair all set up and ready to wash, you can use your shower, tub, or sink. Put your head directly under the faucet and shampoo & condition the top section of your hair like normal. Proceed with a leave-in conditioner, and blow dry and style like normal! This can help prolong the life of your extensions and get you by another 2-3 days without fully shampooing. Enjoy!
.• Apply 3-5 pumps of Oil to the ends of hair for moisture while sleeping.
• Brush the extension hair out, then place in a loose ponytail or braid.
• I recommend purchasing a silk pillowcase to protect the cuticle of the hair even more.
• What to say to a stylist at Blowout Bars: Rough dry the hair 80% of the way (meaning no tugging at the extensions with a round brush or comb, just use your hands/fingers). Make sure to communicate to whoever is styling your hair to NOT round brush your hair from start to finish.
• After a few washes, the extension hair will expand, and take on a more realistic hair texture.
• If you notice any excess tangling or hair shedding, please contact your stylist, as these are quick fixes when addressed right away.
• You can live a normal active lifestyle with NBR, just treat the extensions with some gentleness to keep them looking their best!
• NEVER let sunscreen or suntan oil touch the extension hair. They will turn peach.
I hope you love your NBR extensions as much as I do! Please feel free to text or call me if you have ANY questions regarding your extensions.
Yes! I'm Interested.